Follow the steps below to clear your cache and browser cookies
If you're using Google Chrome
- Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner)
- Select History
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side.
- Set the Time Range set to All Time. Check-mark Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files and select Clear Data.
Note: If your on a Windows computer, close and re-open Chrome to save your changes.
If your an Apple computer, go to the Chrome menu on the top menu bar and select Quit for the changes to take effect.
Using Google Chrome on iOS:
- Open Google Chrome on your iOS device.
- Click on the menu toolbar in the bottom right corner.
- Select Settings
- Select Privacy
- Ensure that 'Cookies, Site Data', and 'Cached Images and files' is selected. At the top, set the Time Range to All Time.
- Click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom of the screen.
- Then confirm by clicking Clear Browsing Data again
If you're using Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the Tools bar.
- Click on Options (On Mac, select Preferences)
- On the menu to the left, select Privacy & Security.
- Under the Cookies and Site Data option, click the "Clear Data..." button
- Select the two options listed below and hit clear.
Note: If your on a Windows computer, close and re-open Firefox to save your changes.
If your using a Mac, go to the Firefox menu on the top menu bar and select Quit for the changes to take effect.
If you're using Microsoft Edge for Windows 10
- Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner), and open the Settings menu.
- Click Privacy, search, and services on the left-side menu.
- Under the section Clear browsing data, Click Choose what to clear
- Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear Now
- Close Microsoft Edge completely for your changes to take effect